How to Clean and Prepare Your New Home or Apartment for Move-In Day
When you move into a new home, the first thing you want to do is to unpack and settle in. However, before you get to that point, it’s important to prepare your new house or apartment. Right Touch Residential Cleaning offers a quality service to help you keep your residence in tip-top shape, and we can make your new place sparkle just in time for move-in day.
In the meantime, find out what you can do to get your new home move-in ready below.
Leverage the Benefits You Have as a Renter
Renting offers unique benefits. Make the most of them.
● Confirm whether your new abode is “turn-key.” This means that it should be move-in ready, without any major structural, electrical, or similar issues, when you arrive.
● Assess the most important appliances to ensure they’re working, including the refrigerator, dishwasher, and stove.
● If something is amiss in your rental, contact your landlord or property management company. You may be able to simply submit a maintenance request online.
Do a Thorough Deep Clean Before You Unpack
It will be easier to clean when there isn’t clutter lying around.
● If the walls are dirty, clean them. Follow best practices for cleaning painted walls versus those with wallpaper.
● Start by cleaning surfaces and work your way down. Do a dry clean first to eliminate dust and pollen, and then do a wet clean.
● Make your own antibacterial cleaner to wipe down surfaces and eliminate germs.
● Clean the flooring according to the type. Different materials, like hardwood, vinyl, or linoleum, require different cleaning methods.
Address Potentially Hazardous Environmental Concerns ASAP
You don’t want to permit anything to linger that could harm your health.
● Dust can cause irritation and trigger allergies or asthma. Take steps to maintain a dust-free home going forward.
● Invest in a quality air filter to maintain good indoor air quality.
● Consider having your furniture reupholstered to ensure you’ve removed any allergens. Search for “upholstery near me” to find a highly rated service.
● Maintain a dry environment with good ventilation to avoid mold or mildew growth in the home.
● Keep an eye out for tell-tale signs of mold, so you can eradicate it quickly if it does develop.
Moving into a new house or apartment is always exciting. Trust the resource guide above to help you get your new home in pristine condition before unpacking. You can then settle in comfortably.
Image via Pexels